Monday, June 4, 2012

Using the slow time

Things at the Etsy shop have slowed down considerably since April. I have a couple large orders, but they haven't been as time consuming as monkeys and bunnies, so I haven't completely fallen off the map. I have been enjoying this slow down time, spending more time with my family and outside in the sunshine. I feel like I should be using this time to make new products and create new things, but I'm having a hard time getting motivated. This though is the benefit of having my own business. I can, for the most part, work when I want to. I am fortunate that this is not my bread and butter. I consider it a job, but it's an optional one, a way to make some extra money, and keep myself creative. I'm also finding it interesting how certain things sell at certain times of the year. I mean it's obvious that Christmas or Holiday themed items will sell near those dates but I haven't sold my hand painted stamped or decoupage clips with twine or  ribbon  in months and now in the last week, I have had two orders, one of the set in the picture and a 50 custom clip order...interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment