Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Photo Transfer Mixed Media Art


Photo Transfer Mixed Media Artwork of my Grandmother
What is it?  Photo transfer is a method of transferring a photograph from the paper it is printed on, to another surface. There are numerous ways to do this.  I generally print a digital photograph and use gel medium to remove the photo from the paper. I  use a wood base that has been prepared. It takes a combination of gel medium, time, water and a little elbow grease to remove the paper pulp from the image.  I then use decorative papers, distress inks, paints, metallic powders, vintage fabric trims, words, and other embellishments to finish the piece. For the hanger I use wire and swarovski cystal elements to give the piece a little sparkle. The first photo transfer I did was of my grandmother. I love the vintage look of this photo and love the way it turned out. After this I was totally hooked on the method and have done a few custom orders and have made them as special gifts for family members. 







One of my favorites

Jane Austen Photo Transfer

https://www.etsy.com/listing/89767444/custom-photo-transfer-artwork-6-12-x-8

No comments:

Post a Comment